Fly Control for Your Business
Fly control is an important part of pest control for all businesses. Problems with flies and a fly infestation can project an unhygienic and unhealthy environment to both employees and customers. For businesses such as pubs, bars and restaurants, fly control is absolutely critical. We offer fly control treatments, electric fly killers and expert advice tailored to your needs, for effective fly control:
- Accurate identification of pest flies, allows our experienced Technicians to offer fly control advice, treatments and fly killer units that are suitable for your business.
- By locating fly breeding sites along with entry points of adult flies, our Technicians can offer appropriate insect proofing and advice on how to prevent a future fly infestation.
- Call us NOW on 0800 552 004 to benefit from a range of fly control services and to organise a FREE site survey.
Flies are potential carriers of a wide range of diseases such as dysentery, gastroenteritis and E.coli as they move from decaying matter to food and other surfaces. For further information on fly control please read below.
- Clusters of flies, either alive or dead.
- Fly spotting or droppings, produced when flies feed and defecate. These are often found on upper areas of a room, such as pipes or light fittings.
- Maggots, which are flies in their larval stage.
Fly infestations on the premises can:
- Spread a variety of diseases and can transmit intestinal worms.
- Contaminate foodstuffs, food preparation surfaces, utensils and packaging.
- Insects such as Horse flies, Autumn flies and Sand flies for example, bite people and animals.
- Damage — to foodstuffs and your health and hygiene reputation. Any issues with fly control will have a negative effect on your Scores on the Doors food hygiene rating.
- Poor impression — customers and employees will gain an impression of dirt and neglect.
- Cost — non-compliance with legislation can lead to fines, and reduced income from fewer customers.
Immediate Steps to Take for Fly Control
- Call free on 0800 552 004 to arrange fly control inspections by qualified Rentokil Technicians, who will highlight possible breeding areas and the best methods of treatment, to prevent recurrence of fly infestations.
- Removing the breeding areas and attractants (such as food and water sources), is essential for effective long–term fly control.
- Thorough knowledge of the biology of fly species is key to accurate identification, and to achieve cost effective fly control. For this you will need professional expertise and help.
- Restrict access to your buildings by installing Insect Proofing such as fly screens, to help prevent any further fly infestation.
- Place Fly Killers in appropriate locations, especially sensitive areas such as food storage, food preparation and dining areas, to ensure highly effective fly control.